Shades Valley High School Class of 1966
This is the official webpage for the Shades Valley High School Class of 1966's 50th Reunion.. Here, you'll find information about our reunion, how to update your Memory Book directory listing, plus other news about reunion activities.
Mark your calendars for August 13, 2016
- Date & Time: August 13, 2016 - 6:00 PM
- Location: Vestavia Country Club (map)
- Cost: $75 per person Advance Reservation for Dinner Dance / Cash Bar
- Entertainment: The Bassmen
- Attire: Dressy Casual
- Accomodations: Click here for a list of several hotels in the area.
Free PhotographsA Birmingham Southern College sports photographer will be at the reunion with a Photo Booth and will also take a group photo and candid shots.
- Photo Booth with a push button for immediate photos.
- Group Photo and printed copies on site.
- Candid Shots upon request during the party.
- As a favor to Preston Goldfarb, there will be no charge.
Update your Address & Bio
Be sure to update your email address with us so you'll receive email news and announcements and information about our class. We've added a Classmate Data Form to send up-to-date information for inclusion in our 50th Reunion Memory Book.
- Deadline: July 15, 2016 (this was changed from July 31st at request of Vestavia CC.)
- Form: Use our Reservations Form and make check payable to Shades Valley Reunion 66.
Mail to Marcia Mouron, 3264 Mockingbird Lane, Birmingham, AL 35226
- Questions: Send email to email@example.com .
Here's a list of 252 confirmed reservations as of the date shown.
Use the scroll bar to see all names or right click on list to open frame in new window.
Other 50th Reunion Weekend Activities
- Friday Morning, August 12: Tennis
If you're interested in a DOUBLES ROUND ROBIN on Friday Morning,
please contact Susan Green by August 8 at firstname.lastname@example.org.
- Friday, August 12, 8 AM: Golf at Bent Brook Golf Club
7900 Dickey Springs Rd, Bessemer, AL 35022
Marc Booth has arranged for a FRIDAY MORNING TEE-TIME OF 8:00 AT Bent Brook Golf Club.
Thereafter, consecutive tee-times will accommodate as many foursomes as have signed up.
Please contact Marc by AUGUST 2 via email: email@example.com.
- Friday, August 12, 10 AM: Barber Vintage Motorsports Museum Tour
Not a golfer or a tennis player? Perhaps you're a MOTORHEAD! If so, the following invitation from Michael Breed is right up your alley!
ATTENTION ALL SVHS 66 MOTORHEADS! This is an invitation to anyone interested in taking a guided tour (guided by yours truly)
of the Barber Vintage Motorsports Museum, on Friday morning, August 12th at 10:00am. Admission is $15, but will be discounted by $5 if 20 or more folks sign up. (And if there's an overflow, a second tour could be arranged for Friday 11:00, or Sunday 11:00). The museum is difficult to describe in a brief notice here; trust me, you have to see it to believe it! If interested, and for many more details, please contact me directly at firstname.lastname@example.org by Thursday, August 10.
- Friday, August 12, 5:30-10 PM: Dutch Treat Cocktails/Dinner at Jim 'N Nick's Bar-B-Q
Join '66 classmates from 5:30-10:00 PM
Jim 'N Nick's Bar-B-Q - Private Dining Room / 1908 11th Ave South/Birmingham
Come early for good parking !!
- Saturday, August 13, 11:30 AM: Dutch Treat Saturday Lunch at MAFIAoZA's Pizzeria
11:30AM at MAFIAoZA's Pizzeria / #2 Dexter Avenue / Crestline
- Sunday, August 14, 11:30 AM: Dutch Treat Sunday Brunch at AVO
11:30AM at AVO / 2721 Cahaba Road / Mountain Brook